(3) Turn the adapter ring to the right until it
(1) Assemble the grate.
(2) Place the adapter ring on top of the base.
engages the locking clips on the burner. The fuel inlet
pipe should beat the right side of the door opening.
Level the heater base by sight.
(4) Install the flame spreader in the center of the
(3) Insert the grate assembly in the adapter ring,
with the shaker catch facing the ash door and the draw
(5) Attach the float valve nipple to the smaller
rate on the bottom.
(4) Place the top of the space heater on the
end of the pipe reducer located on the burner pot.
Make sure the connection is tight enough to hold the
valve in a level position and to prevent leaks.
(5) Refer to figure 2-2 and assemble the air condi-
tioning smoke pipe as follows:
(a) Join the formed edges of a curved sheet of
Use V jaw wrench to tighten the pipe con-
metal to form a cylindrical pipe.
(6) Place the top of the space heater on the
Hold the sheet metal securely while curling
(7) Assemble the pipe (para 2-7b(5)).
it to prevent it from slipping and causing
(8) Install the draft diverter on top of the stack
and anchor it with guy lines.
(b) From the inside, insert a split rivet through
each of the three holes in the smoke pipe section.
Install the guy lines radially to eliminate
Spread the tines of the rivet and hammer them flat.
contact with the smoke pipe. Lines should
The damper is not required in the smoke
be erected and anchored so that the move-
ment of the tent does not adversely effect
pipe when burning liquid fuel.
the stability of the smoke pipe.
(c) In one section of smoke pipe insert the
(9) Assemble the fuel can adapter, and insert it in
damper. Punch a hole through the pipe at a position
the fuel can as follows:
half the length of the pipe. Hold the damper in place
inside the pipe and thread the damper shaft through
adapter, and insert it in the fuel can.
the holes, locking the curved shank of the damper
shaft into the center slot of the damper. When prop-
When changing fuel cans, release the cam
erly locked together, the damper and operating handle
will be parallel.
before removing the adapter from the
empty can. The washer on the adapter may
(6) Assemble the smoke pipe sections starting
squeeze out of place when the adapter is
with the section of pipe having the damper installed.
screwed into place on the fuel can. Wipe
Place the smooth female end of the pipe over the steel
excess fuel from the washer, washer seat,
collar on the heater top.
and the lid of the fuel can.
(b) Attach the male end of one fuel hose to the
When conditions permit, use six lengths of
drip loop hose of the adapter, and attach the opposite
pipe extended straight up. Elbows and hori-
female end of the hose to the male fuel inlet fitting of
zontal pipes reduce the draft and cut down
the float valve.
(c) Attach the other length of hose to the over-
(7) Install the spark arrestor one (1) pipe section
flow fitting (under the center of the float valve) to
above the heater or on top of the smoke pipe outside of
carry off any possible overflow. This hose must drain
downward and discharge into a safe outside location.
a s s e m b l e the space heater.
Be sure that the fuel hose from the fuel can
(1) Place the adapter ring on the heater base.
is connected to the male fitting marked
(2) Set the oil pot burner in the adapter ring so
that the fuel inlet pipe faces the ash door opening. -
INLET on the valve.