the burning lighter on top of the vaporizer plate.
b. Preheat Flue. Immersion heater FSN 4540-260-
(2) Wearing a glove on the hand, open fuel valve
slightly and allow fuel to drip on vaporizer plate
(1) Open vent plug as far as possible.
(2) Soak lighter in a mixture of half gasoline
(3) Adjust fuel valve until fuel flows in rapid
and half engine oil. Do not saturate lighter by hold-
drops but not in a fine stream.
ing it under the the fuel drip valve.
(4) Leave lighter in burner compartment until
(3) Use a match to ignite lighter.
its flame burns out and then remove the lighter.
(4) Swing draft gate to one side and insert burn-
(5) Make final adjustment of fuel valve to obtain
ing lighter into flue compartment. The heat from the
lighter causes a draft down the burner compartment,
(6) Close hood and leave it closed during opera-
(7) Check for and wipe up any spilled fuel
(5) Remove lighter in about 2 minutes and close
the draft gate.
e. Starting Model 447-2EX.
(1) After 1 minute, swing burning lighter cup
c. Preheating Flue Model447-2EX.
so that edge is below drip valve.
(1) Open vent plug at top of fuel tank and swing
(2) Open drip valve and stream will ignite from
lighter cup below drip valve.
burning lighter cup.
(2) Open drip valve until lighter cup is 1/4 full of
(3) Swing lighter cup back to flue.
(4) Adjust fuel flow to just below smoke point.
(3) Ignite fuel in lighter cup and return cup for
Caution: Do not expose face to burner cham-
preheating of flue. Allow lighter cup to burn in fuel
ber while lighting.
for approximately 1 minute.
d. Startng Immersion Heater (FSN 4540-266-6835).
(1) Immediately after preheating the flue, place