Install the burner with the vaporizer plate
(1) Refer to figure 4-7 and inspect the burner for
facing up and perforated sleeve facing down.
4-22. Air Conditioning-Heating Pipe
(2) Inspect for damage such as distortion, cracks,
(1) Refer to figure 4-6 and disjoint the four 2-foot
(3) An opening of any size or shape in either flue
sections of pipe (1)
b y removing the rivets and pulling
partition or the baffle in the base of the heater should
the pipes apart at each joint.
not be considered a safety hazard. No adverse
(2) Remove the last section of pipe from the collar
condition will occur if an opening is present.
Depending of the size and location of the opening, a
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
decrease in output of the heater may result in
(1) Remove the soot from the pipe sections.
excessive water heating time. This would be consi-
(2) Wash the exterior of the pipe sections with a
dered inefficient for a unit's designated mission.
brush and hot water.
(4) An opening in the baffle greater than 1/2-inch
in diameter is a sign that the metal has deteriorated
(3) Dry the pipe sections thoroughly. Do not
apply paint to the pipe sections.
beyond repair and the heater should be turned in to
(4) Inspect the pipe sections for holes, dents, and
an authorized activity for disposal.
excessive rusting condition. Replace the pipe sec-
(5) Inspection can be made by inserting a light
tions as required.
down the flue tube and checking the adjacent side for
c. Installation. Install the pipe sections as de-
leaks or holes.
(6) Authorized maintenance expenditure limits
for immersion heater are listed in TB 43-0002-23.
a. Removal. Refer to figure 4-6 and loosen the vent
plug and gasket (3).
and perforated sleeve with a stiff-bristle brush.
(2) Remove carbon, grit, or other foreign matter
Do not remove the vent plug from the tank.
from holes in the burner.
Back off the vent plug 3-turns, approximately.
c. Replacement. If the burner is unserviceable, lift
b. Inspection; Inspect the gasket for evidence of
it out of the burner compartment, and install a