Removing the fuel valve, and opening either the
(1) Install the fuel tank strap on the cradle (para
vent plug (3) or the filler plug (4), will eliminate
possible vacuum and permit all liquid to be
removed from the tank.
(3) Refer to figure 4-6 and install cradle (with fuel
c. Inspection. Inspect the tank for leaks. Replace
tank attached) on the heater.
the tank as required.
(4) Install two wingnuts (7) securing cradle to
Fuel Valve Assembly
the fuel tank cradle (6).
(2) Install the wingnut (5), securing the fuel tank
valve (10) with elbow (9) and nipple (8) from fuel tank
b. Cleaning. Scrape or scrub off any corrosion from
valve. Clean out any obstructions from inside valve
(1) Remove the fuel tank from the heater (para
c. Inspection. Inspect fuel valve for evidence of
excessive wear and leaking condition.
d. Installation. Refer
to figure 4-6 and screw nipple
pin, drive the pin out of the hinge.
(8) into fuel tank (2) with elbow (9) and fuel valve (10)
(3) Remove the strap from the cradle.
b. Inspection. Inspect the strap for a broken or
distorted condition. Replace the strap as required.
(1) Refer to figure 4-6 and install the strap on the
(25) that secures the lighter cup assembly (27) and
(2) Insert a new pin through the hinge and peen
return spring (26) to the pivot bracket.
the end of the pin.
(2) Remove wick retainer (28) and wick (29) from
the lighter cup assembly.
4-30. Fuel Tank Strap Cradle
(1) Inspect lighter cup wick for evidence of
(2) Inspect lighter cup assembly for broken or
(7) that secure cradle to heater.
distorted condition. Replace as required.
(2) Remove cradle with strap and tank attached.
(3) Remove wingnut (5) and open strap and lift
off fuel tank (2).
lighter cup (27) and secure with wick retainer (28).
(4) Remove fuel tank strap from cradle (para
(2) Position lighter cup lever (27) through
opening in combustion chamber and aline with pivot
b. Inspection. Inspect cradle for distorted condition
bracket. Insert return spring (26) and secure lighter
and for missing fasteners. Replace cradle as re-
cup lever with cotter pin (25).
Section XII. SHIPMENT AND LIMITED STORAGE
Inspect the immersion heater in accordance with
of Equipment for Shipment
steps outlined in preventive maintenance services
Within Zone of Interior
a. General. Detailed instructions for the prepara-
corrective action taken, will be recorded on DA Form
tion for domestic shipment are outlined within this
2404 (Refer to TM 38-750).
paragraph. Preservation will be accomplished in
c. Cleaning and Drying. Cleaning and drying by an
sequence that will not require the operation of
approved technique is the first essential procedure in
previously preserved components.
any effective preservation process. Approved
b. Inspection. Examine the heater for any unusual
methods of cleaning and drying, types of preserva-
conditions such as damage or missing components.