M - MonthI.!
A - After operation
B - Before operation
W - Weekly
D - During operation
Item to be inspected
Be sure fuel tank is filled with
Inspect for proper installation.
Be sure fumes are piped outaide if
heater is to be operated within
a building or tent.
Inspect for broken welds and holes.
sure there is no unburned fuel
Inspect for leaks or spilled fuel.
Check water level.
Adjust fuel flow.
Inspect for clean condition.
Inspect and service.
5-22. Air-Conditioning-Heating Pipe
off heater body (20).
(1) Refer to figure 5-6 and disjoint the four 2-foot
(2) Use fine sandpaper to rub off rust spots.
sections of pipe (1) by removing rivets and pulling
pipes apart at each joint.
(2) Remove last section of pipe from collar (19).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Remove soot from pipe sections.
for excessive corrosion.
(2) Wash exterior of pipe sections with brush and
(2) Inspect for damage such as distortion, cracks,
(3) Dry pipe sections thoroughly. Do not apply
paint to pipe sections.
(4) Inspect pipe sections for holes, dents, and
and perforated sleeve with stiff bristle brush.
excessive rusting condition. Replace pipe as required.
(2) Remove carbon, grit, or other foreign matter
c. Installation. Install pipe sections as deseribed
from holes in the burner.
c. Replacement. If burner is unserviceable, lift
it out of burner compartment and install a service-
Note. Install burner with the vaporiser plate facing up and
plug gasket (3).
perforated sleeve facing down.
Note. Do not try to remove vent plug from tank. Back off vent
plug 3 turns approximately.
b. Inspection. Inspect gasket for evidence of deter-
ioration and/or missing condition. Replace as re-