WATER VESSEL AND SKID ASSEMBLY
This task covers:
Tool Set, General (Item 1, Appendix B)
Tool Set, Common No. 1 (Item 3, Appendix B)
Compound, Cleaning (Item 1, Appendix F)
Primer (Item 12, Appendix F)
Paint (Item 11, Appendix F)
Rag, Wiping (Item 15, Appendix F)
Solder, SN60 (Item 16, Appendix F)
Water heater shut off and cooled down.
The welded water vessel or skid assembly may sustain damage during shipment and handling. Minor dents and
scratches can be repaired by cleaning and coating the affected area with paint. A ruptured vessel, broken leg or bent
skid can be repaired by welding. More severe damage may require replacement of the vessel. When making repairs,
remove only those assemblies or parts necessary to gain access to the damaged components.
Remove the following assemblies as applicable:
(1) Smokestack assembly as described in paragraph 4-15.
(2) Fuel supply control assembly as described in paragraph 4-13.
(3) Burner head assembly as described in paragraph 4-14.
(4) Transformer box as described in paragraph 4-16.
(5) Conduit, electrical fittings and wiring as described in paragraph 4-17.
(6) Temperature high limit and operation limit controls as described in paragraph 4-17.
(7) Upper and lower manifold assemblies as described in paragraph 4-22.