PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT. (CONT)
Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical-(NBC) decontamination.
If chemical or biological contamination is expected, perform shutdown procedures described in
Perform unit level decontamination of the water heater only
under supervision of unit NBC personnel.
(2) If water heater is set up, shut it down and let it cool. Decontaminate it, if appropriate, by applying
super tropical bleach (STB) slurry or by brushing with hot, soapy water.
(3) Prepare slurry by mixing approximately equal parts of water with STB. Use a swab, or brook to
scrub slurry into fabric.
(4) Remove slurry promptly with brush and liberal quantities of water, preferably hot and soapy, then
rinse with clear water.
(5) If not in use, aerate the water heater for two to three days in the sun and bright light.
(6) Aeration is not effective against V agents. If contaminated by V-agent, the entire water heater must
be decontaminated with DS2 slurry.