TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0016 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
IN-TENT CONTROLLER ASSEMBLY
INSPECT, TEST, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
1. Inspect the In-tent Controller Assembly connector (1) for cracks, dents to the outer collar, dirt in
the contacts, or any other damage that would prevent the connector (1) from making a good
electrical connection with the in-tent controller cable assembly (2).
2. Inspect the ON-OFF switch (3) and LOWER-HIGHER control (4) to ensure proper operation.
3. Ensure that each of the advisory lights (5) operate properly.
4. Ensure that all informational labels (6 and 7) are present and legible.
Using a multimeter, perform a short circuit test across all terminals (8) of the connector (1). For
example, pin A to pin B, A to C, A to D, etc. Followed by B to A, B to C, B to D, etc. There should not
be shorts across any of the pins. If shorts exist, replace the in-tent controller assembly.
1. To replace the in-tent controller assembly (9), unscrew the outer collar (10) of the in-tent
controller assembly cable (2) and disconnect cable from in-tent controller assembly (9).
2. Connect in-tent controller cable (2) to new in-tent controller assembly (9).
3. Tighten outer collar (10) of in-tent controller assembly cable (2) securely.