TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0018 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
BATTERY PACK ASSY
INSPECT, TEST, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect the battery pack connector before any
1. Disconnect battery pack assembly (1).
2. Inspect battery pack electrical connector (2). Ensure that connector (2) is not cracked or
damaged in any way. Ensure that all wires (3) leading from battery pack (1) to connector housing
are free of cuts, abrasions, or any other damage that would expose bare wire.
3. Inspect the two fuse holders (4) on the side of the battery pack (1) and ensure that there are no
cracks or other damage that would prevent the fuse holders from securing the fuse and
maintaining proper electrical contact.
4. Ensure that there are no cracks, cuts, or other damage to the outer casing of the battery pack (1).
5. If there is any damage to the connector (2), fuse holders (4), or wiring (3), the battery pack should