TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0020 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
FUEL SOLENOID VALVE AND SEDIMENT STRAINER ASSEMBLY
INSPECT, SERVICE, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Gasket (Item 11, WP 0067 00)
Screen (Item 12, WP 0067 00)
Rags, Wiping, Clean (Item 5, WP 0067 00)
Sealant, Thread (Item 3, WP 0067 00)
Mat, Petroleum Absorbent (Item 15, WP 0067 00)
Wrap, Tie (Item 16, WP 0067 00)
Heater shut down down all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
Fuel supply disconnected. (WP 0006 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect the battery pack before any maintenance actions.
1. Inspect the sediment strainer (1) for any cracks, dents, or other damage that would restrict the
flow of fuel from the fuel solenoid valve (2) to the fuel hose (3).
2. Ensure that there are no fuel leaks at the fittings (4) or around the bowl area (5) of the strainer.
3. Inspect the fuel solenoid valve (2) for any cracks, dents, or other damage that would inhibit its
proper operation or restrict the flow of fuel from the fuel solenoid valve (2) to the sediment strainer
4. Ensure that the wires (6) protected by the wire loom (7) and leading to the fuel solenoid valve (1)
do not have any cuts or abrasions.
5. Inspect the connectors (8) for any cracks or other damage that would prevent the connectors
from having a secure electrical connection.