TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0022 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
HEATER CONTROL ASSEMBLY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
Fuel supply disconnected. (WP 0006 00)
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
Upper housing cover removed. (WP 0030 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect battery pack before any maintenance actions.
1. To replace the heater control assembly (1), remove the combustion air inlet cover (2) by rotating
the two quarter turn screws (3) until they release. Put the cover (2) aside.
2. Remove the four screws (4) that secure the heater control assembly (1) to the side wall of the
lower housing assembly (5).
3. Lift the heater control assembly (1) partially out of the heater and remove the two connectors (6
and 7) on the left side of the the heater control assembly by depressing the connector locks (8)
and wiggling the connector back and forth while pulling outward.
4. Remove the heater control assembly from the lower housing assembly.
5. Install a new heater control assembly (1) by putting it into position on the lower housing assembly
6. Connect the two connectors (6 and 7) by engaging into the connectors on the heater control
assembly (1) and pushing in until the connectors lock.