TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0023 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
Tool Kit., General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Tape, Electrical (Item 7, WP 0067 00)
Wrap, Tie (Item 16, WP 0067 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
Fuel supply disconnected. (WP 0006 00)
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
Upper housing assembly removed. (WP 0030 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect power before any maintenance actions.
1. Inspect the connectors (1) on the wire harness to ensure that all connectors are securely mated
and locked together.
2. Inspect the wire (2) for any cuts or abrasions to the insulation that would expose bare wire.
Repair any breaks or abrasions as detailed below.
3. Inspect the tie wraps (3) and ensure that none are broken or cut. Replace any tie wraps that are
1. Repair any cuts or abrasions on the wires (2) with electrical tape, wrapping each repaired area
with at least two layers of tape.
2. Repair tie wraps (3) by removing any broken pieces and installing a new tie wrap.