TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0031 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
Fuel source disconnected.(WP 0006 00)
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
Upper housing assembly removed (WP 0030 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect battery pack before performing any maintenance
1. To remove the exhaust grommet (1) remove the exhaust O-ring (2) and set aside.
2. Loosen the two wingnuts (3) that secure the burner assembly (4). Loosening the wingnuts will
permit the heat exchanger (5) to be tilted upward to allow access to the grommet.
3. Tilt the end of the heat exchanger (5) upward and slide the grommet (1) up and out of the slotted
recess on the lower housing assembly (6).
4. Stretch the grommet (1) over the ridge on the combustion exhaust pipe and slide the grommet off
the combustion exhaust pipe (7).
5. Install a new exhaust grommet (1) by sliding the grommet over the combustion exhaust pipe (7).
Lift up slightly on the heat exchanger (5) and engage the slot (8) in the grommet (1) over the
sheet metal recess (9) on the lower housing assembly (6).
6. Press the exhaust grommet (1) down firmly.