TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0033 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
HEATED AIR BLOWER ASSEMBLY
INSPECT, TEST, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent control assembly disconnected from heater.
(WP 0006 00)
Fuel supply disconnected. (WP 0006 00)
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
Upper housing assembly removed (WP 0030 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect battery pack before any maintenance actions.
1. Inspect the heated air blower assembly (1) for cracks, dents, or other damage that would prevent
the heated air blower assembly from rotating freely.
2. Inspect the inlet (2) and outlet (3) side of the heated air blower assembly (1) for any debris or
blockages that would restrict the flow of air through the heater.
1. Separate the positive (+) (1) and negative (2) electrical connectors of the heated air blower
2. Set multimeter to measure resistance.
3. Place probe No. 1 against positive terminal (1) and probe No. 2 against negative terminal (2).
Normal meter indication is a minimum of 5.2 megohms.
4. If meter reading indicates a short or an open circuit, replace heated air blower assembly (3).
5. Reconnect the heated air blower assembly connector (1) and (2).