TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0034 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Mat, Petroleum Absorbent (Item 15, WP 0067 00)
Tray, Petroleum Absorbent (Item 17, WP 0067 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
Fuel supply disconnected. (WP 0006 00)
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
Upper housing assembly removed. (WP 0030 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect power before any maintenance actions.
1. To remove the fuel pump (1), disconnect the electrical connector (2).
2. Remove the screw (3) that secures the fuel pump bracket (4) to the lower housing assembly (5).
3. Loosen the screw (6) on the outlet hose (7) of the fuel pump (1) and pull the fuel line (8) out of the
outlet hose (7). Drain any fuel onto a petroleum absorbent mat or tray.
4. Loosen and remove the fitting (9) on the float assembly (10). Drain any fuel onto a petroleum
absorbent mat or tray.
5. Note the position of the fuel pump in the heater. The fuel pump must be reinstalled in the same
position. Remove the fuel pump (1) from the heater and place on a petroleum absorbent mat or
tray. Wipe up any fuel that may spill.
6. Remove the fuel pump bracket (4) and screw (3) and set aside.
7. While working on petroleum absorbent material, loosen and remove the fuel line (11) leading to
the inlet end (12) of the fuel pump. Set the fuel line aside.