TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0038 00
5. Loosen wingnuts on side of burner assembly (7) and lift assembled heat exchanger (12) and TEG
(13) and remove from heater. Place on an appropriate work surface. Take care not to bend any of
the fins on the TEG.
6. Remove the exhaust grommet (14) by stretching the grommet over the ridge and sliding down
and off the combustion exhaust outlet. Set the grommet aside.
7. Remove sheet metal screws (15) and washers (16) from wrap cover (17) and set aside.
8. Carefully remove the wrap cover (17) and set aside.
9. Tag and disconnect the connectors (18) for the manual reset thermostat (19).
10. Loosen and remove flange clamp (21) between the heat exchanger (12) and the TEG (13).
11. Separate TEG (13) and heat exchanger (12).
12. Loosen and remove the flange clamp between the burner assembly and the TEG. Separate the
burner assembly from the TEG.
13. Remove and discard all pieces of old graphite ribbon tape (22) that may adhere to the inside
surface of both flange clamps (21) and to the outside of the TEG, heat exchanger, and burner