TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0039 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
REMOVE, INSPECT, TEST, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Rags, Wiping, Clean (Item 5, WP 0067 00)
Mat, petroleum absorbent (Item 15, WP 0067 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
In-tent controller assembly disconnected from
heater. (WP 0006 00)
Fuel source disconnected. (WP 0006 00)
Upper housing assembly removed. (WP 0030 00)
Burner to TEG flange clamp removed. (WP 0037
Battery disconnected. (WP 0018 00)
The ignition system of this heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe
electrical shock. Be sure to disconnect battery pack before performing any maintenance
1. Place a section of petroleum absorbent mat in the bottom of the lower housing assembly under
the burner assembly in order to catch any fuel that may spill. Wipe up any spilled fuel with a rag.
2. Tag and disconnect the glow plug wire (1), flame sensor connector (2), ground wires (3 and 4),
fuel line (5), and combustion air blower duct (6) from the burner assembly (7).
3. Tag and disconnect TEG electrical connectors (8 and 9).
4. Tag and disconnect the two leads (10) going to the modular connector (11) for the TEG cooling
fin temperature sensor.
5. Loosen wingnuts on side of burner assembly (7) and lift assembled heat exchanger (12), TEG
(13) and burner assembly (7) from heater. Place on an appropriate work surface.