TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0039 00
1. To install a new heat exchanger (1), install fiberglass rope (5) in the groove of the heater changer
2. Align the flanges (3) of the TEG (4) and heat exchanger (1) and press the TEG and heat
exchanger together. Note that the combustion exhaust outlet on the side of the heat exchanger
should be at the 9 oclock position while the TEG input wires are positioned at the 1 oclock
3. Install graphite ribbon seal (6) on the outside of the two flanges (7). Be sure to overlap the ends
of the tape approximately 2 to 3 inches.
4. Install flange clamp (7) over flanges (3) so that the top of the clamp is at the 12 oclock position.
Do not rotate the clamp after installing over the graphite ribbon tape. Tighten the clamp securely.
5. Remove tag and install thermostat reset switch (8) and connect electrical connectors (9).
6. Align cutouts in wrap cover (11) and position around the heat exchanger (2).
7. Install sheet metal screws (12) and washers (13). Tighten securely.
8. Install grommet (14) over combustion exhaust outlet.
9. Place assembled heat exchanger, TEG, and burner assembly into heater and align combustion
exhaust outlet and grommet with exhaust cutout (15) in lower housing.
10. Tighten wingnuts (16) on side of burner assembly (17).
11. Install exhaust o-ring (18).
12. Remove tag and connect wires (19) to TEG cooling fin temperature sensor modular connector
13. Remove tags and connect two TEG connectors (21 and 22).
14. Remove tags and connect the glow plug wire (23), flame sensor connector (24), ground wires (25
and 26), fuel line (27), and combustion air blower duct (28) to the burner assembly (17).