TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0042 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
REMOVAL FROM SERVICE
To break the system down in preparation for movement, ensure that the heater is off, the blower fans
stopped, and all advisory lights off.
1. Remove the fuel can from the fuel can stand assembly. Set the fuel can down in the upright
Drain fuel into a container and dispose of fuel in a safe manner.
2. Place a mat or tray containing petroleum absorbent material under the heater fuel quick
disconnect to collect the small amount of fuel that may drain from heater and the fuel hose.
3. Disconnect the in-tent controller cable from the control connector on the front of the heater.
4. Disconnect the battery by disengaging the battery pack connector from the connector on the
lower housing assembly.
5. Open the fuel drain valve at the base of the heater and drain fuel into a petroleum absorbent tray.
6. Remove the fuel hose from the fuel quick disconnect and lift the hose above the level of fuel can.
Allow all fuel to drain back into the fuel can. Install the protective dust cap on the fuel quick
7. Coil the fuel hose back to the fuel supply site and disconnect the fuel hose from the gravity feed
adapter. Connect the two ends of the fuel hose together to keep dirt or contaminants from
entering the fuel connectors.
8. Loosen the gravity feed adapter and remove it from the fuel can. Place the gravity feed adapter
on the petroleum absorbent mat.
9. Disassemble the fuel can stand by removing the clip, raising the two support arm, and separating
the lower legs from the upper portion of the stand. Wrap the straps around the stand and secure.
10. Remove the air outlet duct from the heater by releasing the strap and sliding off the duct adapter.
11. Untie the tent duct tunnel strap and remove the duct from the tent duct tunnel.