TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0006 00
0006 00-13/(14 Blank)
PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT
To break the system down in preparation for movement, ensure that the heater is off, the blower fans
stopped, and all advisory lights off.
1. Remove the fuel can from the fuel can stand assembly. Set the fuel can down in the upright
2. Place a mat or tray containing petroleum absorbent material under the heater fuel quick
disconnect to collect the small amount of fuel that may drain from heater and the fuel hose.
3. Disconnect the in-tent controller cable from the control connector on the front of the heater and
immediately install the protective dust caps on the control connector and the cable connector.
4. Disengage the fuel hose from the fuel quick disconnect and lift the hose above the level of fuel
can. This allows all fuel to drain back into the fuel can. Install the protective dust cap on the fuel
5. Coil the fuel hose back to the fuel supply site and disconnect the fuel hose from the gravity feed
adapter. Connect the two ends of the fuel hose together to keep dirt or contaminants from
entering the fuel connectors. Place the fuel hose on the petroleum absorbent mat.
6. Loosen the gravity feed adapter and remove it from the fuel can. Place the gravity feed adapter
on the petroleum absorbent mat. Install the cap on the fuel can and tighten securely.
7. Disassemble the fuel can stand by removing the clip, raising the two support arms, and
separating the lower legs from the upper portion of the stand. Wrap the straps around the stand
8. Remove both the air supply and return ducts from the heater by releasing the strap and sliding off
the duct adapter.
9. Untie both tent duct tunnel straps and remove both ducts from their respective tent duct tunnels.
10. Remove the in-tent controller and disconnect the in-tent controller cable. Install the protective
caps on the connectors of the in-tent controller and cable.
11. Secure both tent duct tunnels by closing off with tie straps.
12. Compress both ducts and stow in accessory bag.
13. Install the dust covers over the inlet and outlet duct adapters.
14. Stow all components except the heater in the accessory bag.