SPACE HEATER SMALL (SHS)
REGULATING FLOAT VALVE
General Mechanic Tool Kit
(WP 0029, Table 2, Item 1)
Mat, petroleum absorbent (WP 0049 00, Item 8)
SHS shut-down and cool (WP 0005)
Rags, Wiping (WP 0049 00, Item 1)
Drain all fuel from heater (WP 0018 00)
1. Drain all fuel from fuel tank IAW W P 0018 00.
2. Remove regulating float valve assembly (1) by removing screws (2) and from heater body plate
(3). Swing the top of the regulating float valve to the left and pull the assembly with connected
fuel hoses out from the heater interior.
3. Slide all hose clamps (4) back along the connecting hoses (5) and remove the hoses from the
barbed fittings (6) on the regulating float valve assembly. Take note of the location of each hose
so that they are reconnected properly.
4. Install all hoses (5) onto the barbed fittings (6) of the new regulating float valve assembly (1). Be
sure that the hoses are connected in the proper locations. Slide all hose clamps (4) up and over
the barbed fittings. Ensure that the tabs on the hose clamps face up and are easily accessible
once the regulating float valve in installed the heater.
5. Install the new regulating float valve assembly (1) into the heater by engaging the bottom portion
of the threaded shaft in the round retainer on the base of the heater. Swing the top of the
regulating float valve assembly behind the heater body plate (3). Ensure that the burner rate
indicator arrow (7) is postioned snugly against the indicator scale (8).
6. Install screws (4) in heater body plate (5) and secure.