SPACE HEATER SMALL (SHS)
FUEL SHUT-OFF VALVE ASSEMBLY
General Mechanic Tool Kit
(WP 0029, Table 2, Item 1)
Mat, petroleum absorbent (WP 0049 00, Table 1,
SHS shut-down and cool (WP 0005)
Rags, Wiping (WP 0049 00, Item 1)
1. To replace the fuel shut-off valve (1), pull back the outer collar of the quick disconnect fitting (2)
and disengage the two portions of the QD fitting. Have a fuel petroleum mat and rag available to
wipe up any spills that may occur.
2. Squeeze the hose clamp (3) and slide down and over the fuel hose (4).
3. Pull the fuel shut-off valve (1) off the fuel hose (4) with a twisting motion.
4. Install a new fuel shut-off valve (1) onto the fuel hose (4).
5. Install the fuel hose clamp (3) by squeezing the clamp and sliding into position on the end of the
6. Engage the male portion of the quick disconnect fitting at the top of the fuel shut-off valve (1) to
the fuel tank QD connector (2) on the underside of the fuel tank. Ensure that the handle (5) points
to the regulating float valve assembly (6).