TM 10-4520-263-12&P 0042 00
SPACE HEATER, SMALL
0042 00-(1 Blank)/2
REPAIR PARTS LIST
2. Never attempt to light the burner while it is HOT. Wait until the heater
has completely cooled.
1. See heater manual for detailed instructions.
3. Use only authorized fuels in the heater: Diesel, DFA, D1, D2, JP8, Jet A1
and Kerosene. DO NOT USE GASOLINE.
4. Always open the air vent on top of the fuel tank, even if an auxiliary
source is used.
5. Assemble stack on heater prior to starting heater.
6. Adjust the fuel regulating valve to the number 5 setting.
7. Turn the fuel shutoff valve to "ON" and wait for 2 minutes.
8. Open the glass lid of the heater. Using the primer bulb, draw one full
squeeze of fuel from your source and squirt it evenly onto the bottom
of the burner. (Double the amount if the temperature is 0 degrees or less. )
9. Light a small piece of fuel soaked tissue paper and drop it through the
glass lid opening to the bottom of the burner.
10. Close the lid and wait for 5 - 10 minutes. Then adjust the height of
the regulating float valve to obtain the desired heat output.
11. If the burner is smoking, lower the setting on the fuel regulating valve.
12. To shut down the burner, turn the shutoff valve to "OFF". Wait
for the heater to completely cool before disassembling or
FLASH FIRE HAZARD
NEVER ATTEMPT TO
LIGHT A HOT BURNER
KEEP HANDS AND
FACE AWAY FROM
LID OPENING TO
Figure 12. Group 12 Label Kit
2 thru 8