4-22.8 Change 1
4-16.1 REPLACING THE CONTROL PANEL ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
When installing the circuit board, ensure that the isolator is installed
between the power transistor and the control panel. Touch up all
soldered connections, on both sides of the circuit board with conformal
(2) Install the isolator (8) and the circuit board (7).
(3) Install the four washers and lock nuts (6) to secure the circuit board (7) to the control panel.
(4) Install the washer, screw, and the lock nut (4) to secure the power transistor (5) to the control panel.
(5) Solder the wires connected to the receptacle (2) and the switch (3).
(6) Solder the leads to the indicator lights (1).
(7) Connect the heater element leads (11) to the heater element wires that are attached to the circuit board
(8) Screw on the thermistors (9) and the thermal switch (10).
(9) Install the base plate (Subparagraph 4-16.1r steps (1) thru (3)), and the control panel
(Subparagraph 4-16.1a, steps (1) thru (4)).
j. Repairing the Circuit Board.
If a wire has to be spliced together, solder and cover the splice with
heat shrinking tubing or equivalent.
(1) If necessary, re-solder the wires securely to their correct locations and touch up soldered connections,
on both sides of the circuit board, with conformal coating.
(2) Verify that the HWR is operating correctly.
(3) If not, replace the circuit board, as described in (Subparagraph 4-16.1h, steps (1) thru (8)).