Change 1 4-22.17
4-16.1 REPLACING THE CONTROL PANEL ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
(4) Ensure there is continuity between the locations on the circuit board where the thermal switch leads (1)
are attached. It may be necessary to remove the conformal coating at the circuit board connection with
a solvent such as acetone or lacquer thinner to ensure good contact with the test probes.
(5) If there is no continuity, replace the thermal switch (2) as described in the next paragraph.
(6) If necessary, re-solder the thermal switch leads (1) to their correct locations and touch up the
soldered connections, on both sides of the circuit board, with conformal coating.
y. Replacing the Thermal Switch.
(1) Remove the control panel (Subparagraph 4-16.1a, steps (1) thru (4)).
(2) Remove the base plate (Subparagraph 4-16.1q steps (1) thru (3)).
(3) Unsolder the two thermal switch leads (1) from the circuit board (2).
In some units the defective thermal switch may be connected to the
terminals marked "TS" on the circuit board.
(4) Remove the lock nut (3) and washer (4) that secure the thermal switch (5) to the main container (6).
(5) Remove the thermal switch (5) from the mounting stud (7).