4-22.18 Change 1
4-16.1 REPLACING THE CONTROL PANEL ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
z. Installing the thermal switch.
When installing the thermal switch, ensure that it is aligned parallel to
the front edge of the heating element. Touch up the soldered
connections, on both sides of the circuit board, with conformal coating.
(1) Apply a thin layer of insulating compound to the bottom surface of the thermistor (8), prior to installing it.
The new thermal switch should be connected between Pin A of the
receptacle and the POS terminal on the circuit board, replacing the red
wire, which should be discarded. A jumper wire (22 ga) must then be
installed between the two terminals marked "TS."
(2) Install the thermal switch (5) to the mounting stud (7).
(3) Install the washer (4) and lock nut (3) to secure the thermal switch (5) to the main container (6).
(4) Solder the two thermal switch leads (1) to the circuit board (2).
(5) Install the base plate (Subparagraph 4-16.1r, steps (1) thru (3)).
(6) Install the control panel (Subparagraph 4-16.1ff, steps (1) thru (5)).
aa. Inspecting the Isolator.
(1) Remove the control panel (Subparagraph 4-16.1a, steps (1) thru (4)).
(2) Remove the screw, washer, and lock nut (1) that secure the power transistor (2) of the circuit board
to the control panel (3).