C-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Sections II and III) (Continued)
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (Paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
f. QTY (Column 6). The QTY (quantity per figure) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakdown shown
on the illustration figure which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group or an assembly. A "V' appearing in
this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from application to
C-4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section IV)
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN) sequence. The
NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the
NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures are in
numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG column. This
item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (ie., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in
order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code used to identify
the manufacturer, distributor or Government agency etc, that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, corporation or
Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings,
specifications, standards and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer identified in
the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Sections II and III.
(5) ITEM. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in the
adjacent figure number column.