C4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section IV) (Continued)
c. FIGURE AND ITEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is located and identified in Sections
II and III.
(2) ITEM. This column lists the number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in Column 1.
(3) STOCK NUMBER. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) CAGEC. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit alphanumeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor or Government agency etc, that supplies the item.
(5) PART NUMBER. This column indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation or Government activity) which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications, standards and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
C-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION
Not applicable to the HWR.
C-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups and the listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock Number
or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence and the part numbers in the
Part Number Index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence. Both indexes cross reference you to the
illustration/figure and item number of the item.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one required then locate the item
number in the repair parts list for the figure.
Refer to Section I of the Glossary for an alphabetical list of the abbreviations used in this manual and their exact