2-18.2 Change 1
2-9.1 OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
HIGH TEMPERATURES (1). Be aware that normal operating
temperatures within the HWR are up to 190 oF (88 oC) and can reach
higher temperatures under abnormal conditions. Always use gloves or
other hand protection as necessary. Unprotected exposure to high
temperatures can cause serious burn injuries.
(3) When white lamp begins to cycle on and off, water temperature will be maintained between 180 oF and
190 oF. Hot water can be dispensed through the spigot for beverages or for hygienic needs.
(4) When main container is empty, or when need for hot water has been fulfilled, move the switch to "0".
b. Heating Rations.
(1) With the switch (1) in position 0 (OFF), remove inner container (2) and add potable water to the main
container (3), up to the lower fill line.
To heat MRE entrees in the shortest possible time, but with minimum
water available for beverages, add potable water to the main container to
approximately ½ (13 mm) below the lower fill line. A little water added to
the inner container will also aid heat convection, resulting in faster, more
(2) Place MRE entrees in the inner container (2), and place it in the HWR.
(3) Close the lid and latch securely. Place the switch (1) in Position II. Both lights (4) will illuminate.
(4) When white indicator light begins to cycle on and off, water is approaching desired temperature. MRE
entrees will require additional time to heat up, depending on amount present and the nature of their