3-7. SANITIZING (Continued)
a. Preliminary/Final Procedures.
(1) To prepare the HWR for sanitizing, perform steps (1) thru (6) of Subparagraph 2-9a.
(2) To return the HWR to normal service, perform steps (9) thru (11) of Subparagraph
b. Sanitizing Procedure. Perform the following procedural steps in the given order:
(1) Prepare the HWR for sanitizing in accordance with step (1) of Subparagraph 3-7a.
(2) Fill the outer container (1) with clean, potable water up to the one-gallon level line (2)
embossed on the rear wall.
(3) Set the LO/OFF/Hl switch (3) to LO and verify that the POWER ON lamp (4) and
HEATER ON (5) are both on.
(4) When the HEATER ON lamp (5) goes off again (i.e., water is at selected temperature),
set the LO/OFF/Hl switch (3) to OFF and verify that the POWER ON lamp (4) is off.
(5) Fit the cover (6) onto the main case (7) ensuring that it is properly closed and secured
by the latch (8).
(6) Turn off the power supply then disconnect the power cable connector plug (9) from the
connector receptacle (10).
(7) Remove the HWR from the host vehicle, place upright in a suitable work location then
unlatch and remove the cover (6).