Change 1 4-11
4-12. REPAIR OF COVER ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL RAK-15 (Continued)
b. Installation of Cover Seal and Preformed Packing.
(1) Install cover seal (4) by aligning it with the cover (3) and pressing firmly into position.
(2) Install large preformed packing (5) in the cover (3) and ensure that it is correctly positioned.
(3) Install small preformed packing (6) in the cover (3) and ensure that it is correctly positioned.
(4) Install seal retaining plate (2) to the cover seal (4) with the small steam hole (7) located as shown.
DAMAGE TO SCREWS. In step (5), use standard hand tools to install
the screws (1) and only tighten with sufficient torque to ensure that the
seal retaining plate (2) is held firmly in position. The application of
excessive torque can result in damage to the screws (1).
(5) Ensure that both screw holes are correctly aligned then install and tighten the two screws (1).
(6) Install the cover (Subparagraph 2-9a, steps (8) and (9)).
c. Removal of Pressure Relief Valve.
(1) Remove and retain screw (1) and lock washer (2) securing the valve retaining plate (3) to the cover
(2) Lift up valve retaining plate (3) from the cover (4) to gain access to the pressure relief valve (5).
(3) Carefully lift out pressure relief valve (5) from the valve recess (6).
(4) Remove and discard preformed packing (7) from the valve recess (6).