4-12.2 Change 1
4-12.1 REPLACING THE COVER ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
c. Testing the Pressure Relief Valve.
(1) Place your mouth over one of the 1/8" diameter outlets of the pressure relief valve (1), while holding
your finger over the other outlet (2).
(2) Suck on the valve outlet and you should feel (and hear) the valve mechanism opening; then blow into
the valve outlet and you should feel the outlet pressurize, as the valve mechanism closes.
(3) If the valve does not appear to be operating correctly, replace the valve (Subparagraph 4-12.1e, step
d. Servicing the Pressure Relief Valve.
(1) Ensure that the entrance or inlet (1) and exit ports (2) of the relief valve (3) are not blocked. The
entrance port (1) of the relief valve (3) is accessed through the hole in the lid seal.
(2) The exit ports of the relief valve are located on the side of the valve body. Clean the port areas with a
small brush. Blow away any loose material.