Change 1 4-17
4-15. REPAIR OF TAP ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL RAK-15 (Continued)
VALVE PARTS. Care should be taken when performing step (5) as the
valve parts will be loose when the valve nut (10) is released from the
threaded portion of the valve stem (9).
(5) Perform the following:
Insert a flat tip screwdriver into slot (8) to prevent the valve stem (9) from rotating.
Remove and retain valve nut (10) and washer (11).
Withdraw handle (2), shroud (4) and valve spring (12) from the valve stem (9).
Discard the valve spring (12).
(6) Remove and retain two screws (13) and special washers (14) securing the tap body (5) to the main
(7) Carefully withdraw tap body (5) and gasket (16) until free of the main case (15).
(8) Remove and discard the preformed packing (17).
(9) Remove and discard the gasket (16).
b. Installation of valve preformed packing, valve spring, body gasket, and body preformed packing.
(1) Install gasket (16) and preformed packing (17) on the valve body (5).
(2) Install tap body (5) and gasket (16) by carefully pushing into the water outlet on the outer container
(18) until even contact is made with the main case (15).
(3) Rotate tap body (5) and gasket (16) to the left or right as necessary to align with the two mounting
holes (19) while ensuring that the spigot (20) is orientated as shown.
DAMAGE TO SCREWS. In step (4), use standard hand tools to install
the screws (13) and only tighten with sufficient torque to ensure that
the tap body (5) is held firmly in position. The application of excessive
torque can result in damage to the screws (13).
(4) Install and tighten two screws (13) and special washers (14). Orient washers (14) to cover holes on
tap body (5).