4-18 Change 1
4-15. REPAIR OF TAP ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL RAK-15 (Continued)
VALVE PARTS. Care should be taken when performing step (5) as the
valve parts will be loose until the valve nut (10) is started on the
threaded portion of the valve stem (9).
(5) Perform the following:
a. Install valve spring (12) and shroud (4) on the valve stem (9).
b. Install two mounting screws (3) and handle (2) on the shroud (4).
Install washer (11) and valve nut (10) on the valve stem (9).
Insert a flat tip screwdriver into slot (8) to prevent valve stem (9) from rotating.
Tighten valve nut (10).
(6) Check that the valve stem (9) can move freely over its full range with no binding of the valve spring
(7) Install preformed packing (7) on the valve stem (9).
(8) Install the tap valve by carefully pushing it fully home into the tap body (5).
(9) Rotate the tap valve to the left or right as necessary to achieve correct positioning of the two
mounting screws (3) with the tap body (5).
DAMAGE TO SCREWS. In step (10), use standard hand tools to
install the screws (3) and only tighten with sufficient torque to ensure
that the tap valve is held firmly in position. The application of excessive
torque can result in damage to the screws (3).
(10) Tighten two mounting screws (3) securing shroud (4) to the tap body (5).
(11) Install press-fit plastic cap (1) in the center of the handle (2).
(12) Install the inner container (Subparagraph 4-13b, step (1)).
(13) Install the cover (Subparagraph 2-9a, steps (8) and (9)).