4-18.2 Change 1
4-15.1. REPLACEMENT OF THE TAP ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
(4) Loosen the jam nut (1) from the shank (2).
(5) Turn the tap assembly (3) in a counterclockwise direction, while holding the jam nut (1) stationary, until it
comes off the shank (4).
(6) Remove the tap assembly (3) by pulling it through the grommet (5).
Be careful not to damage the tap body or the tap handle when removing
the tap shank.
(7) Remove the tap shank (6) from the tap.
It is recommended that the shank "0" ring be left in position, unless it is
suspected of leaking and must be removed for inspection. If it is leaking,
remove and discard the shank "0" ring (not visible goes between spigot
shank and the body) by prying it out of the main container outlet.
b. Installing the Spigot.
Do not apply Loctite to the threads on the other end of the shank.
(1) Apply Loctite 242 (or equivalent) to the threads on the spigot end of the shank, prior to installing
and tightening the tap shank (6) into the tap.