9. Inspecting and Servicing the Equipment
1. Prepare the hot oil heater for inspection and operation.
2. Carefully inspect the hot oil heater for missing parts and possible damage that may have
occurred during shipment.
3. Inspect the hot oil pressure gauge, hot oil temperature gauge and liquid level sight gauge for
broken glass or other damage.
4. Inspect all wiring and conduits for broken or damaged wiring or loose connections.
5. Inspect the fuel oil strainers, fuel oil lines, blower, blower motor and linkage for breakage,
cracks or loose mountings.
6. Inspect the control box, ultraviolet (U.V.) cell and ignition transformer for possible damage.
7. Inspect the hot fluid strainer, strainer valves, hot fluid piping, circulating pump and motor for
8. Inspect the relief valve, supply valve, fill valve, makeup valve and pump valve for possible
damage and freedom of operation.
9. Correct the deficiencies noted or report the condition to direct support.
1. Lubricate the hot oil heater in accordance with the current lubricating order (Figure 16).
10. Installation of Separately Packaged and Packed Components (Fig. 8)
a. Power Cable Adapter Assembly. Cable. The power cable adapter is used to connect the hot oil
heater to its source of electrical power, usually a generator set. Refer to Figure 7 and install as
1. Install red, white and black wires to 3 Phase terminals on power source.
2. Install green wire to ground terminal.
3. Remove cover from power adapter assembly and hook up to 100 foot cable.
b. Steel Threaded Unions. The four steel unions are used to connect the four liquid transfer hosesto
the external user and the hot fluid heater. Refer to Fig. 9 and install as required.
Grounding Rods. The grounding rods should be installed before the equipment is put into
operation and should not be removed until the equipment is prepared for movement. Refer to
Figure 10 and install the grounding rods.
d. 100 Foot Cable. The 100 foot cable is used to connect the electrical power source 3/60/230 Volt
to the electrical connector on control panel of the hot oil heater. Refer to Fig. 1, Item 9 and Fig.
11, Item 3.