Figure 45. REAR VIEWER ASSEMBLY.
59. Damper Cylinder Nut and Mounting
a General The damper cylinder is attached to the air scoop by means of a nut threaded on the cylinder shaft which in
turn passes through a mounting bracket There is also a fuel connection in the bottom of the cylinder which supplies
oil pressure for the cylinder to operate
b. Removal. Refer to Fig. 46.
1. Remove the nut by turning counter-clockwise.
2. Remove the fuel piping, breaking union connection, and turning counter-clockwise from bottom of cylinder
3. Remove the damper cylinder
1. Replace the nut and fuel piping by reversing steps 1 & 2 above.