Figure 46. DAMPER CYLINDER MOUNTING
60. Damper Cylinder and Damper Cylinder Linkage
a. General. The damper cylinder controls the movements of the damper butterfly valve on the blower housing which
controls the flow of air to the burner After the flame is detected In the low fire position the high fire valve opens
sending oil to the oil cylinder which In turn opens the air damper.
1. Remove the cylinder nut and piping from solenoid valve (Para. 59)
2. Refer to Fig. 44 and remove the air damper cylinder and damper cylinder linkage
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
1. Clean all parts with a cloth dampened in an approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
2. Inspect the air damper cylinder for damage and operation. Inspect the cylinder shaft for wear and full travel.
Inspect the linkage for signs of wear, bent shafts, damaged threads, and other damage.
3. Inspect the mounting hardware for cracks, breaks, and damaged threads Replace any defective part.