65. Fuel Oil Strainers
a. Servicing. Refer to Fig. 51 for servicing.
1. Turn assembling screw counterclockwise and remove.
2. Remove strainer cover.
3. Remove & inspect element.
4. Check cover gasket.
5. Clean and inspect. See (c) below.
6. Install by reversing Steps 1-4 above.
b. Removal. Refer to Fig. 52 and remove the two fuel oil strainers as follows.
1. Remove pipe anchors from angle support, located behind first set of fuel oil valves.
2. Loosen unions; remove one strainer complete.
3. Turn remaining strainer counterclockwise; remove complete.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
1. Clean all parts with an approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
2. Inspect the fuel oil strainers for cracks, breaks, and other damage.
3. Inspect the cover mounting hardware for cracks, breaks, and damaged threads.
4. Install new gaskets and filters; defective parts should be replaced.
d. Installation. Refer to Fig. 52 and install the fuel oil strainers; replace in reverse order of removal.