77. Mud Guards
a. Removal. Refer to Fig. 66 and remove the mud guards.
1. Remove 4 mounting bolts with nut & lockwashers; remove metal bar.
2. Remove mud guard.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
1. Clean the mud guards with a solution of soap and water; dry thoroughly.
2. Clean all metal parts with an approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
3. Inspect the mud guards for rips and tears and elongated or torn out mounting holes. Inspect the mounting bars
for bends, breaks, and rust.
4. Inspect the mounting hardware for cracks, breaks, rust, and damage threads. Replace all defective parts.
c. Installation. Refer to Fig. 66 and install the mud guards. Replace in reverse order of removal.
1 - MOUNTING
2 - MUD GUARD
3 - BAR SUPPORT