To avoid personnel injury, use a hoist or get assistance when lifting components that weigh more than 50
lbs. (23 kg). Ensure all chairs, hooks, slings, etc., are in good condition and are of correct capacity.
Ensure hooks are positioned correctly. Always use a spreader bar when necessary. The lifting hooks
must not be side loaded.
Expansion tank weighs 700 lb (318 kg)
(18) Using a lifting device, remove six nuts (52), lock washers (53), washers (54), and expansion tank (4)
from Heater (55). Discard lock washers.
(19) Remove gasket (56) from flange (47). Discard gasket.
(20) Remove gasket (57) from flange (51). Discard gasket.
Follow steps (21) through (23) only if expansion tank is being replaced.
(21) Remove fill cap (58) from expansion tank (4).
(22) Refer to page 4-157 for data plate replacement.
(23) Refer to page 4-194 for low oil indicator replacement/adjustment.