Section IV. OPERATOR'S MAINTENANCE
tween pulleys. V-belt deflection should
be from 1/4 to 1/2-inch.
a. The instructions in this section are pub-
(6) Tighten fuel pump mounting screws
lished for the information and guidance of the
to secure adjustment.
operator to maintain the BT400-40 and BT400
(7) Secure cabinet in place and engage
b. Refer to TM 5-2805-208-14 for operator's
maintenance procedure as applicable- to the
48. Gasoline Engine Power Unit Fuel
Model 1A08-III Military Standard Engine.
a. General. The fuel filter (fig. 21) filters
47. V-Belt Adjustment
the fuel. Periodic checks must be made to
a. General. The V-belt is attached to the
determine if water has settled in the filter
drive pulley on the driven coupling, the fuel
pump drive pulley, and the magneto drive
the V-belt as follows:
(1) On Model BT400-40 heaters, remove
cabinet by disengaging cabinet latches.
(2) On Model BT400-401 heaters, disen-
gage cabinet latches and open cabinet.
(3) Loosen two screws securing fuel pump
(4) Move fuel pump to the left to tighten
V-belt or to the right to place slack
in the belt. The elongated mounting
Figure 20. V-belt adjustment.
Figure 21. Engine power unit fuel filter services.