(9) Remove four screws (3) and lock-
washers (4) and remove two retainers
(5). Remove flexible rubber sleeve
bushing (2) from coupling half (30).
(10) Remove driven coupling from fan
shaft bearing (16), using a suitable
(11 ) Remove two screws (8) and remove
resilient. mount (7) from fan bearing
(12) Remove four screws (24) and lock-
washers (25 ) and remove fan bearing
support (6) from mounting ring.
(13) Remove fan shaft bearing (16) from
c. Removal (BT400-40-1).
Figure 26. Fan mounting ring removal points
(2) Remove drive V-belt (29, fig. 25) by
(5) Inspect air straightening vane (19)
for cracks or bent condition. Straight-
en to proper configuration if possible.
Replace unserviceable damaged vanes.
(6) Inspect coupling half (30) for cracks
securing hinge support bracket to
and damaged teeth. Replace damaged
mounting ring and mounting ring to
(7) Inspect flexible rubber sleeve bushing
for broken teeth, distortion, deterior-
(5) Proceed to paragraph b. above and con-
ation and cracks. Replace damaged
tinue removal procedure in accordance
coupling sleeve or sleeve bushing.
with steps (4) through (13).
(8) Inspect resilient mount for damage
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
and hardening of cushion. Replace
damaged or hardened resilent mount.
(1) Clean all parts, except flexible rubber
sleeve bushing (2) with an approved
e. Installation (BT400-40).
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(1) Install fan shaft bearing (16) in fan
(2) Inspect fan for cracks or broken
bearing support (6). Press coupling
blades, distortion, and other damage.
half (30) on end of bearing.
Replace a damaged fan.
(2) Position bearing support on fan ring
(3) Inspect fan hub for cracks and distor-
(9) and secure with four screws (24)
tion. Replace a damaged hub.
and lockwashers (25).
(3) Install air straightening vane (19) in
(4) Inspect mounting ring for breaks,
mounting ring and secure with two
cracks, and other damage. Weld breaks
screws (26), lockwashers (23), and
or cracks. Replace the mounting ring
self-locking nuts (22).
if it is damaged.