Section X. HEATER EXHAUST SYSTEM
ing exhaust shield to bulkhead and
one screw and two flat washers se-
gages from the heater pass from
curing exhaust shield to exhaust stack.
Remove exhaust shield.
changer and into the atmosphere through the
and two nuts securing exhaust pipe
b. Exhaust gages from the gasoline engine
flange to bulkhead.
power unit exhaust manifold muffler are
(7) Remove two screws, flat washers, and
carried by the engine exhaust pipe (19, fig. 24)
to the heater exhaust pipe.
spacers securing exhaust pipe to fan
79. Exhaust Pipes
(8) Remove two screws, flat washers, and
self-locking nuts securing exhaust
(1) The engine exhaust. pipe (19, fig. 24)
pipe to exhaust stack. Remove exhaust
pipe. The outlet end of the pipe has
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts, except gasket, in an
a flange. When the gasoline engine
approved cleaning solvent and dry
is mounted on the heatar, the engine
exhaust pipe mates with the exhaust
(2) Inspect parts for bends, breaks, cracks,
lack of spring tension, torn gasket,
spring loaded flange' (23) forming a
or other damage.
(2) The exhaust pipe passes through a
(3) Straighten all minor bends and weld
flange in the bulkhead and is attached
small breaks or cracks. Replace all
to the exhaust stack. A sheet metal
shield surrounds the exhaust pipe out-
(1) Position the exhaust pipe on exhaust
side the cabinet to prevent accidental
burns to personnel.
extending through hole in bulkhead.
Secure exhaust pipe to exhaust stack
with two cap screws, flat washers, and
power unit from the heater.
Warning: Allow heater and power
unit to cool off before attempting to
remove any part of the exhaust
(2) Remove two screws (30, fig. 24) flat
washers (31), lockwashers (33), and
nuts (34) and remove exhaust pipe
(19) and gasket (32) from power
remove flange, spring, and exhaust
(4) Remove three screws, nuts, flat wash-
ers, and lockwashers securing publica-
tions case to heaters and remove case.
screws, lockwashers, and nuts secur-
Figure 28. Exhaust system, removal points.