(2) Install exhaust pipe flange around ex-
stack. Before operation, remove exhaust stack
haust pipe and secure flange to bulk-
cover and install two exhaust pipes (1 and 2,
to disperse exhaust gases
head with two screws, lockwashers,
and two nuts.
(3) Position exhaust pipe over mounting
ring, install bracket and spacers, and
(1) Remove exhaust pipe from heater as
secure with two screws, flat washers,
(4) Position exhaust shield over exhaust
stack cover from exhaust stack. Re-
pipe between bulkhead and exhaust
move sixteen screws and flat washers
stack. Secure exhaust shield to ex-
securing exhaust stack to casing and
haust stack with one screw and two
remove exhaust stack and asbestos
flat washers. Secure exhaust shield to
bulkhead with two screws, two wash-
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
ers, and two nuts.
(1) Clean all parts, except gasket, in ap-
(5) Install flange on exhaust pipe conduc-
proved solvent and dry thoroughly.
tor, install spring on conductor, slide
(2) Inspect all parts for breaks, cracks,
conductor into exhaust pipe and secure
dents, enlarged screw holes, torn
with two taper pins.
gaskets, and other damage. Inspect
(6) Install publication case on heater and
secure with three screws, nuts, flat
burned or damaged spark arrestor
washers, and lockwashers.
(3) Straighten minor dents and bends. Re-
(32) and exhaust pipe (19) on gaso-
place all damaged parts.
line engine power unit. Secure exhaust
pipe with two screws (30), flat wash-
and exhaust stack on heater and se-
cure with sixteen screws and lock-
er unit on heater.
(2) Secure exhaust stack cover chain un-
80. Exhaust Stack and Pipe Extensions
der one screw. Install exhaust stack
cover on stack.
a. General. The exhaust stack extends from
the top center of the heater casing. When not
haust pipe on heater.
in operation, keep stack cover on exhaust
Section Xl. HEATER IGNITION SYSTEM
Components of ignition system are the heat-
cap (17) to the magneto (15). Re-
er magneto, ignition cable, and the igniter plug.
move the end cap and cap gasket,
contact, and ignition cable (1).
82. Heater Magneto
(3) Move the V-belt to rotate the magneto
pulley (5) until the breaker arm (4,
a. General. The heater magneto is mounted
on a bracket installed at left side of heater.
of the cam (6).
The magneto is driven by the V-belt.
(4) Insert a feeder gage between the points
(5). The gap should be between 0.015