(5) Loosen the screws (1 and 3) and ad-
just the points by moving the bracket
(2) until the gap is correct. Tighten
the screws and recheck the gap.
(2) Disconnect the ignition cable connector
(6) Position the contact, gasket, and end
cap (17, fig. 29), with the ignition
cable attached, on the magneto. Secure
(3) Remove nut and washers securing
end cap with four screws and lock-
magneto pulley (14) to magneto shaft.
(4) On Model BT400-40 heaters, remove
pulley and time totalizing meter drive
belt (preformed packing) (7) from
(5) On Model BT400-40-1 heaters, re-
move magneto pulley from magneto.
(6) Remove four cap screws (12) and lock-
washers (13) and remove magneto
(15) from mounting bracket.
(7) Remove end cap (b above).
d. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the magneto with a cloth damp-
ened in approved cleaning solvent
and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect points for burning or pitting.
Dress the points with a fine mill file
or point dresser. Replace points if
badly worn or burned.
(3) Inspect hardware and gasket for dam-
age. Replace damaged parts.
(1) Install the end cap (b above).
(2) Position magneto on mounting bracket
and secure with four cap screws and
(3) Install magneto pulley (14) on mag-
neto shaft and secure with nut and
(4) On Model BT400-40 heaters, connect
time totalizing meter drive belt (4)
o v e r magneto pulley and meter
1 Screw, machine, No. 8-32 x 3/8 in.
(5) Install drive belt on fuel pump, fan,
3 Screw, machine, No. 6-32 x 3/8 in.
(6) Connect ignition cable connector to
4 Breaker arm
Figure 30. Heater magneto point adjustment.