(7) On Model BT400-40 heaters, remove
83. Ignition Cable, Igniter Plug, and
two connectors from elbows and tube
assemblies, and remove plate.
a. General. The igniter plug produces the
(8) On Model BT400-40-1 heaters, remove
spark necessary for fuel ignition within the
clamp and nozzle holder from plate
combustor. Electrical current flows from the
(4) and remove plate.
magneto to the igniter plug through the igni-
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the igniter plug and ignition
cable with a cloth dampened in an ap-
proved cleaning solvent and dry
(2) Inspect igniter plug for burning or
pitting, cracks, or other damage. Clean
fan mounting ring.
the points with fine emery cloth and
(3) Disconnect the ignition cable (7, fig.
polish with crocus cloth. Replace a
31) from igniter plug (5) and mag-
cracked or damaged igniter plug.
(3) Inspect ignition cable for breaks, dam-
(4) Remove grommet (6) from casing and
aged threads, or frayed or brokenn in-
remove ignition cable.
sulation. Replace damaged ignition
(5) Remove igniter plug (5) from combus-
tor plate (4).
(6) Disengage clamp (3) from notches in
(1) Install the igniter plug (5) in the plate
(4). Measure the `point gap. The gap
should be 0.125 to 0.1875 inch. Bend
the electrode (1, fig. 3) on the plate
(2) to obtain correct gap.
Time totalizing meter (BT400-40)
3 Igniter plug electrode
Figure 31. Combustor plate, nozzle and ignition
cable, removal points.
Figure 32. Igniter plug, adjustment points.