(4) Connect fuel hose assembly (47) to
(2) Install pipe elbow (48) into top
pipe elbow (48).
(3) Assemble filter in accordance with
steps (8) through (10) of paragraph
Section XIV. FUEL TANK
(8) Disconnect pump-to-tank tube assem-
bly (49) from straight adapter (34)
The fuel tank is suspended within the base.
and remove connector from fuel tank.
Outlets are provided for the tube assemblies,
Disconnect block-to-tank tube as-
and openings are provided for the fuel tank
sembly (33) from straight adapter
cap and for the fuel gage. A drain plug is
(34) and remove connector from tank.
provided in the rear of the tank.
(9) Remove three gaskets (35) from fuel
95. Fuel Tank
from tank, disengage retaining pin
(8) from tank. Remove gasket (3).
(11) Remove fuel gage (6) from tank.
(12) Remove three screws (11), lockwash-
drain fuel into a suitable container.
era (17) and nuts (18). Remove 20
Note. Steps (3) through (6) below pertain
cap screws (1 and 20) and lockwash-
only to the Model BT400-40 heater.
ers (2 and 19).
(3) Disconnect filter-to-pump metal hose
(13) Lift heater from skid base (26) and
assembly (50, fig. 34) from fluid fil-
set on supports to suspend fuel tank
ter (47). Remove filter from pipe to
tube tee (44).
(14) Remove four screws (10) and lock-
(4) Disconnect engine fuel hose assembly
washers (9) and remove fuel tank
(59) from pipe elbow (43) and re-
(16). Remove four barrel nuts (15).
move tee, elbow, reducer bushing
Remove preformed packing (14) from
(45), and pipe coupling (46), from
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(5) Disconnect pump-to-tank tube assem-
bly (48) from straight adapter (34)
(1) Replace the drain plug and fill the
and remove adapter from fuel tank
tank one-half full with an approved
Disconnect block-to-tank tube assem-
cleaning solvent. Agitate the solvent,
bly (33) from straight adapter (34)
allow to settle for several minutes, in-
and remove adapter from tank.
spect for leaks, then drain solution
from tank. Run cleaning solvent
Note. Steps (6) through (9) below per-
through the tank until it comes out
tain only to the Model BT400-40-1 heater.
clean and clear.
(6) Disconnect engine fuel metal hose as-
(2) Wash the exterior of the fuel tank
and other metal parts with an ap-
proved cleaning solvent and dry
(7) Disconnect fuel hose assembly (47)
from pipe elbow (48) and remove tee,
(3) Inspect fuel tank for cracks, dents,
elbow, reducer bushing (45) and pipe
damaged seams, and weak or rusted
c o u p l i n g (46) from fuel tank.