(4) Remove adjusting screw end plug (l).
pump body. Position port housing to
Install the piston (5), piston spring
aline mounting holes in housing with
(4), spring seat (3), gasket (2), and
holes in pump body.
install adjusting screw end plug to
Install two pins (29) and crescent
(28) on end plate (30).
(5) Positon the piston sleeve washer (22)
Place rotor (36) in rotor housing
on the piston sleeve (21) and gasket
(40) and position both over crescent
(24) on nozzle end plug (23) and
on end plate. Install roller (26) and
install end plug in pump body.
drive key (27) in rotor.
(6) Insert spring (10) into seal housing
Install end plate, with associated parts
(13) on rotor shaft and secure with
on drive shaft, with slot in shaft en-
spring washer (11).
gaging drive key.
(7) Install new packing (12) and seal
Aline end plate (30), rotor housing
housing on drive shaft
(40), and port housing (41) with one
(8) Install new packing (20) on seal
screw (32). Install second screw (82)
(14) and install seal on drive shaft.
but do not tighten.
(9) Position the drive shaft, with seals,
Install remaining three screws (32)
in pump body.
and tighten each screw alternately, a
(10) Pack ball bearing (19) in grease
little at a time, until all five screws
(MIL-G-23827) and press bearing in-
to bearing retainer (15). Install two
pins (18) in bearing retainer.
Position strainer (31), gasket (88),
and pump cover (34) on pump body
(11) Install retainer and bearing on drive
(7) and secure with eight screws
shaft and secure with three screws
(12) Install gasket (42 and 43) on port
housing (41) and install housing on
Section II. FUEL CONTROL
packings (9) from block Remove two
preformed packings (2) from block
a. The fuel control is the centralized control
Discard preformed packings.
of fuel flow to the heater. The fuel valves
(2) Drive spring pin (4) from stem (6)
control fuel to the burner and select and reg-
and temperature selector valve (7).
ulate the discharge air temperature.
b. The two valves are coupled together with
(3) Remove pipe plug (1) from Mock.
a block, which also serves as a mount for the
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
valves, An overflow tube carries excess fuel
(1) Clean the valves with a cloth damp-
from the block to the fuel tank.
ened in an approved cleaning solvent
and dry thoroughly.
157. Fuel control
(2) Clean all metal parts in an approved
a. Removal. Remove the block with the
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
Clean all passages in block with par-
(3) Inspect all parts for breaks, cracks,
remove, fuel control valve (3) and
bands, dents, damaged teeth, damaged
temperature selector valve (7) from
threads, enlarged openings, or other
block (8). Remove two preformed