(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
5. Special Information.
UsabIe On Codes. Usable on codes are shown in the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to
b. Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from
component spare/repair parts are found in TM 5-4520-224-14. Items that make up the assembly are listed
immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
c. Index Numbers. Items which have the work BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in.
the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part
Number Index and the bulk material list in Section Il.
d. Associated Publications. The publication(s) listed below pertain to the heater and its components:
Heater, Duct-Type, M-68. Portable, Gasoline, 250,000
Engine, Gasoline, 1 1/2 hp, Military Standard Models
Engine Model IA08-3.